Education and Training
The hotel industry provides employment opportunities for many Territorians and short term residents alike, with opportunities ranging from bar work, cleaning, functions, gaming, food preparation, food service, marketing, management and public relations.
Education and training is an extremely important aspect of staffing to ensure social responsibilities are upheld. The laws also require staff to be diligent in repect of their duties. The hospitality workforce will be better equipped with skills and the level of customer service provided to patrons will be high when training is provided.
The AHA (NT Branch) is committed to training and development in the hospitality industry and continues its partnership understanding with Sean Mahoney of International College of Advanced Education (ICAE) for AHA training. ICAE is a qualified and accredited training provider who specialises in hospitality training.
The following Nationally accredited courses are available from ICAE:
· Responsible Gaming Services
· Responsible Service of Alcohol
· Certificate II in Security Operations (required under legislation)
· Funded or enterprise funded New Apprenticeship training including:
· Cert II, III & IV in Hospitality Operations
· Cert II in Kitchen Operations
· Cert III in Commercial Cookery
· First Aid
· Food Hygiene
· Quality Customer Service
· Workplace English, literacy and language programs
· Assessment and recognition of overseas qualifications for migration to Australia Indigenous employment and skills development programs.
Click on the link above to find out how to complete ICAE's RSA Course.
International College of Advanced Education
Ph. 08 8941 5959
Fax. 08 8941 5960